I was tasked by the lower-school STEM department to create a cost effective, lockable charging station that would contain five iPads. It would need to be lockable using a master-lock or other similar device.  I needed to design construct and deliver whatever solution I developed in two weeks and under a budget of one hundred dollars.  So, like all contracted work, I failed to meet half of the requirements.

To start work on the project, I used a video chat software to discus the requirements of the project with the head of the lower school. Having completed my due diligence in the initial stages, I moved into the design aspect of the project. I started by identifying the problem; I needed an organized, self-contained and close-able space to store iPads. that additionally had room for chargers.

To accomplish these goals I could either find a pre-built container and re-purpose it for my needs or I could build my own. However under the time constraints I decided to buy a pre-built container.  I settled on a wooden box from Michles because it would be easier to modify. I would have the iPads placed horizontally into slots that support them.  with a charger under the support block with the slat holes.

When it came to production however, We faced delays due to negligence on behalf of myself and problems with the equipment.  I was overly focused on other smaller projects and failed to accurately identify how much time the project would take. Additionally we had problems with the lazer cutter adding yet more delays.